I am a buyer's agent in New Jersey (serving Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, & Union County) :Help you find the right property. As your agent I will determine what you are looking for and
How To Get Financially Prepared
BE FINANCIALLY PREPARED TO BUY YOUR FIRST HOME
The home buying process can be overwhelming but with the right information and a team of experts on your side
you will have the home of dreams in no time.
Here are a few tips to get started:
1. Find out how much house you can afford, connect with a Lender. Your real estate agent can be a great resource of referrals and the first person you should turn to for recommendations.
2. Have a Good Credit Score- One way to improve your score is pay down any existing balances. Also avoid opening any new credit cards or loans until after the home purchase.
3. Save cash for down payment --- typically ranges between 3.5 and 20 percent of the purchase price.
4. MOST IMPORTANT STEP GET PRE-APPROVEDand your documentation in order. In this competitive market getting pre-approved makes you stand out to the seller as a serious and qualified buyer.
- Legal Name
- Present address for the past 2 years
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- 2014 and 2015 W2’s
- 2014 and 2015 tax returns
- Last 30 days paystubs
- Driver’s license
- Most recent bank statement where the Down payment is coming from
- 401k statement
5. Now you are ready to start searching for your home !